Last modified: October 14, 2022
This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you access, create a user account with, download any content from, or otherwise use our website and web services (the “Website”); and
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect on our Website, and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent using or in connection with this Website.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this Website; or
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see “THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTION”).
Other websites and apps and these third parties have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us using the contact information provided at the end of this document.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect information from and about users of our Website:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and
- Automatically when you use the Website.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
When you download, register with or use this Website, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address or telephone number (“personal information”); or
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your current location, physical characteristics, or personal preferences for products, services, etc.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our services, sharing or posting material, submitting search queries, sending communications to us or to other subscribers or vendors that use the Website, etc. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, when you complete optional surveys, and when you report a problem with the Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Website.
- Other personal information you choose to provide or to authorize us to access, in connection with providing the Website and our services. This includes biometric information such as height and weight, dietary and exercise regimens, mental health and wellness characteristics and goals, etc.
You may provide information to be published or displayed (“Posted”) on public areas of websites and social media networks you access through the Website (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we use industry-standard security protocols to protect data, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
AUTOMATIC INFORMATION COLLECTION AND TRACKING.
When you download, access and use the Website, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Website, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Website, including Website traffic data, location of data storage, logs, data shared with the Website when you are not using it, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Website.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Website also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
- Location Information. This Website collects real-time information about the location of your device.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or from you.
Your device may prompt you to allow or deny the Website access to data and/or to data-capture device components, such as a smartphone camera. Some features of the Website may not function properly until you allow access when prompted. If you do not want us to collect any of the above information, do not download the Website or delete it from your device. For more information, see “CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION”.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your device. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your device. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Hardware and Software APIs. An application programming interface (API) is a piece of software that access or obtains information from other programs or device components. For example, our Website uses an API to request the current coordinates from your device’s GPS unit. In some cases, you must provide authorization before the Website can use certain APIs.
THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTION
When you use the Website or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about our users. This may include information about users’ use of this Website and other apps and websites to serve them interest-based (behavioral) advertising. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used.
If you have any questions about an advertisement, you should contact the responsible advertiser directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see “CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION”.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Website and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when updates are available, and of changes to any products/services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Website.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see “CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION”.
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the assets of our company, Service Industry Solutions, Inc., d/b/a Pool Trader (“Company”), whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the Website EULA and terms of sale and services, and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT OUR COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to the contact address provided at the end of this document.
- Data Retention and Deletion. We retain data collected in connection with your use of the Website for as long as you have an active user account with us, and for a period of two years after your account is deleted or inactivated. Retained data of inactive user accounts is used only for the purposes of bookkeeping and audits, reactivating an account upon request, or data analytics. Personal information will be de-identified before it is aggregated for data analytics. We will stop collecting any data for which you withdraw your consent to collect, but will retain data collected before such withdrawal in accordance with this policy. You can at any time request that we delete retained data by sending us an email stating your request to the contact address provided at the end of this document. Be advised that in some cases, we cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting/deactivating your user account.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. This includes the ability for you to delete your user account from within the Website.
You may also send us an email at the contact address provided at the end of this document to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to the contact address provided at the end of this document.
By e-mail: email@example.com
By Phone: +1 (720) 364-4465